I have been experimenting and playing with a new product from Wendy Vecchi called Clearly for Art Modeling Film. This new product is quickly becoming a favorite. Today I am going to share with you how I made this flower clip. This was my first time using the product. So my finished project is not a perfect as I would like. But I learned a lot along the way. So I am going to share some pitfalls to avoid. Today I am sharing this project not only with my readers but with the readers at Pink By Design Blog.
The modeling film comes in clear, white, and black. There is also a Sample pack with a variety of sheets. I used clear. In order to get this to stick to my mat, I used blue painters tape. I also used the following settings: Speed 4, Depth 6, Pressure 5, Multicut 2.
All the shapes for this project are from Accent Essentials. They were cut in a variety of sizes between 2.5 and 1.5 inches. I inked the Paisley Background stamp from Pink By Design with Distress Stain Picket Fence. Picket Fence is like a thin white acrylic paint.
I then stamped the flowers shapes that I had cut.
Next I began to heat this film. This film is awesome! You can use a heat tool to begin the shaping. It does not take much to make it pliable. If you make a mistake, you can reheat it and have a go again. Although it looks and feels like Shrink Material, it does not lose its size. So whatever size you cut that is the size of the finished project less any curling or bending. When it cools it retains the shape.
I found that if I used a petal roller from Imaginisce, it has easier to get a curl. I also added the layers together using Terrifically Tacky Tape.
Then I wanted to color it. So I dabbed a few drops of Cirtus and Stream Alcohol Ink and Blending Solution. this peice will be the center of my flower.
Pitfall to avoid:
I originally tried to use Tattered Angels Glimmer Glam, but it didn't occur to me that the Picket Fence Distress Stain is water based and so is Glimmer Glam. Which means they melt together, losing some of the detail of the stamping.
Next I repeated the stamping on the larger pieces.
This time I decided to color the flowers before assembling. That was so much easier than trying to color the curled flower. I used Peach Bellini, Stream Citrus,and Sunshine Yellow Alcohol Ink.
I shaped and molded the flower.
\My last step was to add the clip with E6000.
Isn't it cute!
Now to make a little 3x3 card to give the clip.
I stamped "Dare to Be Fabulous". This is a seek of an upcoming release from Pink By Design!
Finally I tied 3 different ribbons to the top and added the clip.
I like the final result. I learned a lot on this first try. I will be playing more so once I get better and faster, I will make a video to show you all the yumminess of this new product!
I hope you have a great day! HUGS!